Please bear in mind that your children are to celebrate the Sacrament of Confirmation at their home parish where the family regularly worship God each Sunday, which for many of you will not necessarily be St. Cecilia’s Church. If you are attending or plan to attend a church outside of the local church community, where you live, it is very important that you formally register at that church and be attending church for over three months to establish yourself as a parishioner. Otherwise your home parish will be the one within whose boundaries you live.
Please note registration next year, for families of the parish, for this Sacrament will take place during the month of October. Further communication on this will take place at the beginning of the new academic year next September. In the meantime, please ascertain your home parish’s sacramental program for next year.
1) Please note carefully that registration for Reception of Confirmation is currently taking place in the different Catholic Parishes surrounding St. Cecilia’s School.
2) This Sacrament is to be celebrated and received in the family’s home parish, i.e. either the parish where the family attends Mass on Sundays or the parish within whose boundaries the family resides.
3) You need to contact your home parish as soon as possible and establish what exactly is happening and ensure that your son or daughter is registered with the parish and for taking any necessary parish based preparation program for this coming academic year.
4) For those who are parishioners of St. Cecilia’s Parish Family, please note the following:
Registration for the Sacrament of Confirmation of the youth of St. Cecilia’s Parish with the parish.
Registration forms are available from the Church on Sundays after Mass or from the Parish Office at the house between the hours
of 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.
Registration forms together with accompanying official Baptism Certificates to be returned to Church Office by early October.
Registration may be limited if there are not sufficient volunteers found to coordinate the program and therefore preference will be
given on a first come basis.
An Explanatory Meeting for Parents on the Parish Based Immediate Preparation Program for Confirmation to be held in early October in the Parish Church Hall. A parent representative for each candidate must attend this meeting.
Enrollment Ceremony for Sacrament of Confirmation:
Sunday in mid-October at the 11:00 a.m. Sunday Mass.
6 or 7 monthly movie/discussion/pizza social evenings to take place roughly once per moth at the Church hall on Friday nights from 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. approximately. To begin in October. The schedule for the new year will be given out in December.
Home Study Review of the Catholic Faith by candidates themselves using a short “Review for Confirmation Booklet” in preparation for sacramental interviews to assess candidates’ readiness for the Sacrament of Confirmation.
Interviews with each candidate to take place in February / March next year.
7 or 8 Classes as part of the Parish Based Immediate Preparation Program for Confirmation to commence next February on Sunday mornings between 9:45 a.m. and 11:00 a.m., thus allowing our youth to attend Sunday Worship at the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.
Retreat in preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation over a weekend to take place after Easter next year. Obviously there will be a cost associated with this retreat.
Celebration of Sacrament of Confirmation to take place during the Easter Season usually on the Evening Vigil Mass for Pentecost Sunday.
5) Please note that there will be a fee to cover costs for catechism texts and materials, the exact amount to be advised. There will also be a charge of $2.00 for pizza and pop on each of the Friday night get togethers.
6) It is expected that both the confirmation candidates and the whole family will make a real earnest effort to join the parish community for Sunday worship at the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass throughout the whole year and, therefore, as Jesus commanded us at the Last Supper “Do this in remembrance of me.”
As school, parish and parents strive to do all that we can to implement the Cardinal’s vision for sacramental preparation at our home parish level, we will know that we are doing our best to help our young people come to meet and know Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ personally through these special sacramental encounters and be healed and nourished by Him, so as to become more like Him.
I look forward to sharing with you in this God given mission of leading our children to the Father through His Son in the Holy Spirit.–Father Michael Hughes