First Friday Eucharistic Adoration
Friday, September 6, 2019
On the First Friday, our Parish celebrates Eucharistic Adoration immediately following the 9:05 a.m. Mass until 6:00 p.m.
"The worship of the Eucharist outside of the Mass is of inestimable value for the life of the church. " - Ecclesia de Eucharistic by Pope John Paul II
Please consider taking time out this Friday, in prayer and worship of the Eucharist. For those who would like to schedule an hour to 'keep watch', signup sheets for specific times slots can be found at the back of the church.
Welcome Back BBQ!
8 September 2019 Sunday
In the garden, after the 9 a.m. & 11 a.m. Masses, The Knights of Columbus, The Daughters of Isabella and parish volunteers are hosting a Welcome back BBQ for the Parish.
Free Hot dogs & Hamburgers will be served! Come out and catch up after the summer!
Ministries in the Church
We are all called to ministry and to be active members of our parish, not only in participating in the Sunday Mass, but as active members using our talents and skills. You may be called to share service with the following:
- Altar Server: Children who have received their First Holy Communion are invited to become altar servers.
- Lectors: Our parish welcomes new readers to share the Word at weekend Masses.
- Eucharistic Ministers: Assist sharing the Joy of the Eucharist at w/e Masses.
- Rosary Apostolate in the Schools: From October to May, praying the rosary in the local schools with the children. Screening and training are required.
- Pro-life Fund Raising Team: ex. Christmas Card and Cake Sales, Coins for Life, Education for Life, March for Life (Ottawa), etc.
- Minister of the Sick: visiting the sick at home and in Health Care Centres, (Runnymede). Taking Holy Communion to patients monthly. Screening and training are required.
- First Communion Preparation Assistants: Assisting with the program to prepare children for their Sacraments of First Holy Communion and First Reconciliation. Screening and training are required.
- Choir Member: It is said that to sing a prayer is to say it twice! Consider joining the choir. Rehearsals commence in late September once a week, and the choir sings during the Sunday 11:00 a.m. Mass.
- Marian Prayer Group: The Marian Prayer Group comes together every Monday evening from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. in the church.
Please feel free to email the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-769-8163 to learn more about our ministries and how you might find your calling!
VOCATION RETREAT 2019
Daughters of St. Paul Media Evangelization and Eucharistic Adoration.
Sept 27-30, 2019 Toronto
Thinking of the Sisterhood? Join the sisters on this retreat which will involve adoration, conferences, discernment, individual guidance, and prayer .
INFO: DaughtersOfStPaul.ca or tinyurl.com/VocationStory
Before making plans to attend, please schedule and interview:
LECTIO DIVINA 2019-2020 with Cardinal Collins
Men & Women of the Old Testament
Adam and Eve, Genesis 3:1-19
St. Michael's Cathedral Basilica
Vespers Choir, 6:45 p.m. Vespers, 7 p.m.
Lectio Divina 7:30-8:15 p.m.
8 September 2019
Mary, Mother of God School
1515 Queen St. W, TORONTO
Mon/Thurs afternoons, 1-3:30 p.m.
Registration is now open for the popular afternoon program for 3-5 year olds. Enkindle the imagination of your children with live music, nursery rhymes, puppets, fairy tales, drama, friendship, and merriment!
INFO: please call the school office at 416-531-7897.